to Stay Afloat
Holidays for most are very stress filled times.
If you have health issues, traumatic events that have taken place around the holidays, the physical and emotional empact can cause overwhelm and choas in your life.
Here is one tip to keeping yourself afloat during the challenges of the days ahead.
- Practice a deep breathing technique**
- Breathe in- to the slow deep count of 5. Breathe out to the slow deep count of 7. Hold your breath for a slow count of 9. Repeat 5 times.
- It can help:
- Decreases stress, increases calm.
- Reduce chronic and acute pain.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to help detoxify the body).
- Improves your ability to resist diseases.
- Increases mental and physical energy.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves your stress-relieving hormones so you can think calmly, sleep better and improving your life instead of taking drugs.
** Remember to check with your health practitioner if you have had any recent acute or have a long term breathing challenge.